Significant exclusions or limitations
The full Terms and Conditions of your membership can be found in the membership booklet, however the main exclusions are:
- If applicable, the membership excess as shown on your Schedule of Cover.
- Cover commences at least 24 hours after purchase and is then limited to local recovery (10 miles) for any claims made in the following 24 hours. A charge of £40 is payable for a claim made within this period.
- Any request for service where remedial action has not been taken following a previous breakdown or temporary repair being made, unless in transit immediately following a temporary repair, between a temporary repair and a repairing garage.
- Where service cannot be affected because the vehicle does not carry a serviceable spare wheel (not applicable to motorcycles or vehicles which are manufactured without a spare wheel), aerosol repair kit, appropriate jack or, the locking mechanisms for the wheels are not immediately available to remove the wheels.
- If the Vehicle is deemed to be illegal, untaxed, not covered, un-roadworthy or dangerous to transport.
- Vehicles with a laden weight in excess of 3,500 kg (3.5 tonnes).
- Vehicles more than 7 metres long, 2.55 metres wide and 3 metres high.
- Vehicles with modifications which affect our ability to assist in the normal roadside repair or recovery of your vehicle, unless declared and agreed with us prior to taking the cover and declared at the time of notifying an Incident.
- Any request for service if the Vehicle is being used for motor racing, rallies, public hire, private hire, courier services or any contest or speed trial or practice for any of these activities.
- Cost of replacement parts.